Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Freewrite: How I Feel At The Halfway Point...

Honestly, I feel great about teaching. I am confident in my abilities, and I think that my effectiveness is gradually increasing. Now, there is a multitudinous amount of things that I have to work on, but I remain excited and inspired. I have formed relationships with students, other teachers, and parents. This has allowed me to feel very comfortable in Byhalia. I think that we will make a lot of breakthroughs in my classroom this semester. The kids are excited about the new books and technology we had donated. The new materials, along with the new content, will keep my class environment fresh. We are going to start reading novels this semester, and hopefully I can have some people come in and speak to my classes this semester. I want to make my classroom more of a student/teacher cooperative than it was last semester.

The other exciting development for the spring semester is TRACK! I am the head coach of the track team at BMS. This is going to be particularly challenging, yet formative for me. I will learn a lot about myself, I'm sure. Balancing the responsibilities of my job as a classroom teacher, track, and class will be good for me. It'll remind me of the balancing act I had to do while I was at Rhodes. Once challenging thing is that the school did not have a track team last year. That means that we're basically starting from scratch. Also, trying to build rapport with coaches from around the area has been a little difficult. They're hard to track down, at it seems that most things are done at the last minute. I'm sure things will work themselves out. The experience I gain as the track coach this year will make me a better football coach for the spring, and eventually next fall. I am going to take advantage of the opportunity. We will have a competitive team. Updates will come throughout the semester.....we are going to develop a strong program!

No comments:

Post a Comment