Popular Posts

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Weekday Schedule

Ok, I'll just give you an idea of my schedule(s): Football Season and Offseason

Football Season:

Wake Up: 5:30am
School Arrival: 6:15am
I teach 1st-6th periods, so I have kids from 7:35am-2:40pm
Planning: 2:40-3:45
During planning period I watch film, lift weights, lesson plan, game plan, tutor, etc. Basically, there's no rest during that time either.
Practice: 4:15-6:30
Post Practice Meetings: 6:30-7:00
Return Home: 7:15pm
Home Activities: TV, dinner, planning, reading, FILM...7:15-12ish
That's My Day

Offseason:

Wake Up: 5:45am
School Arrival: 6:15am
Same teaching schedule as above.
Planning: 2:40-3:45, still spent with planning, tutoring, weightlifting, and planning workouts.
Team Lift: 4:00-5:45pm
Return Home: 6:00pm
Home activities: Cooking, TV, reading, PLANNING

Baseball will be starting this week, and I anticipate my schedule being very similar to the way it was football season. I spend a lot of time at work, but I don't feel overworked, or like I spend too much time there. I love my job, and I try to spend as much time with my players as possible. There's no rule as to how much time spent at work is healthy or unhealthy, but I think as long as the time spent there is productive, then it's well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment