Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why Am I Staying A Third Year???

Once I started last year, I knew I was going to stay in Mississippi past the time for MTC. I didn't know where I'd be, but I was pretty sure that I was going to be here. Why though? Why not pursue other interests in other places? Well, my interests are teaching and coaching. I'm already doing that here. The only way I was going to leave was if I got an amazing job offer from somewhere else. That actually happened, but I got an even better offer here. I'll get into that later.

My initial reason for staying a third year was the possibility of Mississippi Principal Corps. The idea of the program immediately interested me, and I knew that I would be able to apply for it. Having a chance to be in an administration program similar to MTC excited me and it was the chief reason that made me want to stay.

Now, I am staying because of the amazing job offer I received. I was offered the Head Football job at North Panola High School. This offer came out of nowhere, but I am so glad it happened. I'd already decided that I love my job at Coldwater and that I wanted to stay for at least another year. It was all planned out until about a month ago. I was considering a job back home where I could be the offensive coordinator at either a 5A or 6A school in Birmingham. This was very enticing as well because I would have been working with my coach from high school. Nevertheless, I was still leaning towards staying at Coldwater.

Long story short, I am staying in Mississippi because I was offered an amazing job with a super opportunity. And with this commitment, I'll be staying in Mississippi for the next few years. I know a lot of my classmates won't be saying the same thing. I love it here. I've had nothing but great opportunities here. Mississippi is my home (for the next few years at least).

No comments:

Post a Comment